Special Terms – Society Raffle
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules, and agreed to be bound by them, when taking part in the ‘Society Raffle’. You are required to purchase a ticket in order to qualify as an ‘Entrant’ to win a Raffle Prize. Don’t forget that when you play Society Raffle there’s ALWAYS a WINNER, as long as a minimum number of tickets have been sold.
- These Raffles are open to anyone aged 18 or over except where prohibited by law.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of Society Raffle, companies associated with the Promotion or the prizes, and all affiliates of such companies, are excluded from taking part in this Promotion and from winning any prize.
How to enter
- To take part in these Raffles, follow the instructions at the Society Raffle (the ‘website’) and register your details before you can take part in our Raffles, once the registration process is complete you would be deemed a FULL MEMBER of the Society Raffle, and are eligible to take part in the Society Raffles.
- Please note that we use PayPal as our preferred Payment Gateway, which is both safe and secure, so you can assured peace of mind.
- Read our FAQs for answers to certain questions you may have as to how, what, when and where type of questions.
The length of the Raffles will be to run for 28 days initially.
The Draw, Special Rules:
When a Raffle is started it will be timed to run for four weeks (28 days). However, the Draw for each Raffle will take place IMMEDIATELY the last available number for that particular Raffle has been purchased.
Or, if, during the 28 days ALL the allocated Numbers for the Raffle has not been bought, AND, if the total number of Tickets sold have reached 80% of the allocated tickets, then the DRAW will take place manually. However, when the draw is drawn in such manner the Winning Number will be totally random, and a winner will be declared.
But, should less than 80% of the total numbers available Tickets have been sold, then, and only then, the Society Raffle reserves the right to extend the DRAW for a further two weeks (14 days).
Following the extension of two weeks, if we have still NOT SOLD ALL the Tickets, or at least 80% are not sold, whichever is the earliest, we will reserve the right to extend for further two weeks! If after the second extension over 50% of the Numbers have been sold we will continue to declare a winner.
If less than 50% of the Numbers have been sold, then, we reserve the right to refund ALL the Entrants for the amount paid, and NO Draw shall take place. In this case there will not be a winner.
- The lucky winner of the Raffle will win the advertised PRIZE. Please note that we shall try to honour the advertised Prize, however, in exceptional cases the colours may vary, but will be exactly the same make/model etc.
- Please note that in our RAFFLES there can ONLY be ONE Winner, we will never split prizes, the system will automatically pick ONE WINNER ONLY.
Draw and Announcement of the results
- Results will be published on the Latest Results page of the website immediately after the relevant draw.
- The Winning Participant will be notified by EMAIL when they have WON the PRIZE.
- We will endeavour to despatch the PRIZE to the Winning Participant within 10 working days after the DRAW has taken place, to the ADRESS registered with us on the website under your account. We therefore urge you to ensure that ALL your personal and address details are correct, as we will NOT BE LIABLE for any losses incurred due to your details being incorrect on our website!
- Unless Society Raffle agrees otherwise in writing the prizes are non-transferable.
Society Raffle’s liability
Save that Society Raffle does not limit or exclude its liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence or (ii) fraud, Society Raffle will not be responsible for (and excludes all liability in connection with) the following:
- a) any postponement or cancellation of any draw or the Promotion in general;
b) changes to prizes;
c) problems with the dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient) which occur for reasons beyond Society Raffle’s reasonable control;
- d) network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry and
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties.
- Please read our FULL terms and conditions, and ensure you are and fully qualify in all aspects to participate in Raffles.
- Society Raffle’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all Entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these rules will be disqualified.
- If Society Raffle has grounds to suspect any Entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) Society Raffle reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any Entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. We may inform the police and other relevant authorities.
- Society Raffle reserves the right to amend these rules, or to withdraw the Promotion, or to cancel any draw, at any time. Notice of any such changes, withdrawals or cancellations may be placed on the website in the Society Raffle’s absolute discretion.
- Winners of the PRIZES may be required to sign a Winner’s Affidavit & Release along with copies of government issued identification and proof of address in line with anti-money laundering regulations.
- The winners agree to allow Society Raffle to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration, however, you are NOT OBLIGED to accept our request for such purposes, and are able to deny permission for such requests. Prize winners will take part in reasonable publicity and PR activity at Society Raffle’s request. Larger prizes may be presented in person for publicity purposes, on an opt-in basis.
English Law applies
- This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Participants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the prize).
- The ‘Promoter’ for the Society Raffle is Mohammed Boota of 37 Kirkham Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 2DJ (do not send enquiries to this address).
- Please read our Terms Fully before participating in our promotions and Raffles.
Version 31 August 2019